Friday 25 February 2011

Thongs - I just don't get it

Walking round Plymouth's Drake Circus shopping centre this week (always a depressing experience, and I was waiting to give a presentation, so I was jittery and depressed) I noticed a woman wearing a too short top and a thong which appeared to reach halfway up her back (I was looking at her from behind).  Although I was disgusted, I couldn't take my eyes off of it and followed it for several minutes (not in a stalking way, you understand, but just because I happened to be going in the same direction).  The temptation to ping it back like a catapult was almost overwhelming, but I resisted (just as I resisted the urge to pull up a young man's trousers, the crotch of which was down by his knees, his underwear visible to everyone). 

What is it about thongs?  Do people actually think they're sexy?  Having your asscrack dental flossed doesn't seem particularly sexy to me.  But then again, I'm with Bridget Jones.  Big pants rule as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

  1. And I particularly like them if they're a bit grubby-looking. I think it's just one of the ever-growing list of things we fail to understand as we get older... x

    ReplyDelete